Beachfront bayside hotel Accommodation
The world’s attention will be on Melbourne this summer with the world’s best sailors heading down under for the Melbourne — Summer of Sailing.
Six months out from the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Melbourne’s Port Phillip Bay will come to life with a series of Olympic class sailing events over the entire summer, including six World Championships
Whether it is to come to Melbourne as a bucket list sailing destination, to qualify for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, to prepare for the Olympics, maximise training and escape the long northern hemisphere winter, for a once in a lifetime sailing summer, or as spectator to watch the world’s best sailors battling it out on Port Phillip, Melbourne — Summer of Sailing will be an event series not to be missed.
The following Events are taking place near the Brighton Savoy at both Royal Brighton and Sandringham Yacht Clubs.
- 1- 8 January 2020 Australian Laser Championships Standard, Radial and 4.7 rigs
- 10 – 14 January 2020 – Australian Youth Championships incorporating Sail Melbourne International at SSCBC
- 17- 21 January 2020 – Olympic and Invited Classes at RBYC
- 17- 21 January 2020 Oceania Laser Championships (in conjunction with Sail Melbourne
- 9- 16 February 2020 ILCA Laser Standard Men’s World Championship. Olympic class sailors.
- 21- 28 February 2020 ILCA Laser Radial Women’s World Championships. Olympic class sailors.
- 21-2 8 February 2020 ILCA Laser Radial Men’s World Championships. Concurrent with Radial Women’s.
The Brighton Savoy offers 60 accommodation rooms, some with bay views to enjoy your stay whilst attending many of these Sailing events.